Well late last year, I shot some free time and used by shooting a friend. Let's call her S.B.
It was a pretty run and gun shoot, meaning that there was no prep, preprod or planning. Basically she needed some images and I was more than happy to indulge her needs... sounds dirty!!!
Her requirements were simple.
S.B.- I need shots of me.
Me - Ok cool. I'd love to help out. Do you know what you are looking for?
S.B.- Ya shots o me!
Me- LOL!! I get it.. I'll take car of it.
Now this isn't necessarily a quote of the conversation we had, but its a close approximation.
I have decided to shot a straight forward set, due to a time constraint, but I knew I wanted to stylize the images in post. So her image would be a starting point. Now these are tests, and I dont usually divulge tests to the public, but I dont think too highly of myself, so I dont really care anyways. Also I had a new toy I wanted to try out.
All images bellow are © 2010 Michael G. Manoukian ALL RIGHTS RESERVED and may not be reproduced used in any other way.




About the test I was talking about earlier, I had purchased an Orbis ring flash adapter for my Nikon Sb-800 flash unit. I loved the results. Didn't have much time to play more with it, but its been real useful for 3/4 shots of people or used in large aperture fill light settings.

This wraps up this post for now.

0 comments:
Post a Comment