Hello all,
After a short sabbatical, things are slowly but surely getting back to "normal" (well as much as possible). I want to formally thank all the people that supported me over the last few months. I hope never to have to return the favor, but if ever the worst and inevitable arises, I will be there front row center.
On a much happier note, I will be getting back together with my photo friends in a few weeks and we will continue to discuss the details of our ever evolving world. Speaking of worlds, mine is also continuously evolving. I have been working with the likes of 79images.com. For those of you who are not familiar with this site,
-What's a matter with you !!!!
Seriously, it's a new up and coming site focusing on showcasing the local amateur sports heroes that live near you. For the time being, the two staff photographers are covering local and national rugby teams. This site offers stock photography of each game played. Friends and family can order digital files and prints of the images available and make their payments on a secure Paypal page. This growing site has developed a steady stream of online traffic from new and returning clientele. So, check it out.
Also, I have a few projects in the works. The main one being a series of a images taken from a solo race track day. The preliminary test shots are done and now i am entering the creative aspect of the shoot. I will try to fashion a car mounted camera fired with a remote to get some action shots from the drivers and cars point of view. The inspiration comes from Chase Jarvis's blog (Click here for the blog). He posted a video (see bellow) of his POV style photography.
The challenges about mounting a camera to a moving car are simple:
- Duh! The car is moving
- Double duh! the car is moving really fast, these are race cars
- Safety, I would hate to have the contraption come apart and harm the driver, then cause an accident, obviously then an expensive car would get damaged, then a perfectly good camera would be ruined followed by the most important fact, I won't get the shot.
- Also, i have to find someone brave/stupid enough to let me try this
Once i have overcome these obstacles it should prove to be a great exercise and will bare fruit to great photography.
Stay tuned for a details about the contraption and the setup.
Until then, G.O.Y.A
Michael G. M.

0 comments:
Post a Comment