Tuesday, June 10, 2008

In loving memory.

Dear Dad,

I'm trying hard to be strong for the rest of the family including mom, but it's not easy. Living at home is a constant reminder that you are no longer with us. Your cane, seat, photos and hundreds of other mementoes will be in our minds and hearts for eternity. We will all in turn be with you and everyone else.

I know you aren't alone, for that matter, you haven't spent a day alone in your life. You were loved by many and respected by all. The calls are flooding our lines, land and cell, with tears and messages of compassion. You will be at your final resting place soon, next to Nene (grandma').

Please save me a seat at the final show and please take care of us all for now.

Your memory will live on in the children, grandchildren and great grandchildren, be proud of who you were and what you accomplished. Family man, husband, father (many times over), engineer, architect, member of the Royal Air Force for her Majesties the Queen (WW2), friend, colleague, mentor, role model and the list goes on for eternity. That word "eternity", seems to be synonymous with Giraire E. Manoukian (G.E.M.).

Cheers to a GEM of a life you led and to the legacy you created.

Love you always and forever,

Your son, fan and loving admirer,

Michael Gregoire Manoukian



"Our name is all we have, without it, we cannot know WHO we are." G.E.M.
01/17/1919 - 06/09/08

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful Mike.
you express yourself extremely well written.
god bless your dad xx

Anonymous said...

i remember when we were kids your dad seemed to be able to effectively communicate so much with just one simple look.

no words necessary. you could just tell what he was thinking.

there was always so much going on in that mans mind - always on top of things.
and it freaked me out because i knew i wasn't going to get anything past him.

i bet hes still doing it, wherever he is.

gregg

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful Mike.
Since the moment I met your dad, I was able to see & feel the passion he had towards the people he loved. He was a wonderful man and will forever live within our thoughts and in our hearts ~ always

KHoliday said...

I did not know your father but I know you and Gerry and I can say that both of you have wonderful personalities and it is without a doubt that such individuals MUST come from a GREAT man. I would like to take away a little bit of your pain and make it mine, you have friends, lots of them... use us!!!

All my love and prayers to your family in these hard times!!!!

Karine

Post a Comment